Monday, May 01, 2006

In Case You Forgot, I Live in the UK

I got an email today from a friend here. It included the following:

"Today is pretty rubbish for work for me too. The old grey cells straining a bit...am planning to go to footie tonight but may bottle it as am feeling cream crackered."

She's great and I'd love her even if she didn't say such excellent british things. I think "cream crackered" is the new "plumb tuckered" in my vocabulary.

For you, Sioned (who's Welsh in case y'all can't tell), who requested more Seattle stuff on the blog, here's the Seattle translation:

"Yeah, today sucks for me,too. My brain's totally fried ... was gonna go practice with my band (or paint or work on my screenplay or some other arty endeavor), but'll probably scrap it 'cuz A of all) I'm beat, and second, I don't feel like it. "

It would probably, most often, have more cursing in Seattle, but this here is a family blog.

No comments: