Friday, April 21, 2006

HIGHBROW STUDY BREAK

I'd love to write and fill y'all in on the thrills and chills of Corey Jo's visit, and the two days later short jaunt back to London to have dinner with Sara and Peter (who just got back from an incredible honeymoon in the Far East and India), but I'm afraid these past two weeks and the next few are that time when I have assignments due two per week and am finalizing my dissertation plans. That means I'm plumb tuckered (as my elementary school friend Sherry used to say, much to my mom's amusement). More accurately, it means that I feel like I shouldn't take the time out of all my reading and writing and thinking hard to update everyone. But it makes me sad, because I want to tell stories and show pictures and get comments.

Alas, I really can't spend the time on blogging. Maybe I'll try to give quick tidbits here and there in the next week or two.

For now, the news is that the train company has been having a super-duper sale this month and tickets to London are CHEAP! So, in addition to bargain trips with Corey and again to see Sara and Peter, we're going back tomorrow, for the afternoon/evening. Why are we doing that when I have 6 essays and two presentations to do? Well, because Peter Dinklage (of The Station Agent fame) is a wonderful actor and Samuel Beckett is one of my favorite playwrights and Endgame is playing in London for the Beckett Centenary Festival. (The same production was in Dublin, but we missed that run, and we would have had to fly to get there anyway, or spend like 2 days on trains and ferries.)

Endgame!! with Peter Dinklage!! Yep. It's gonna be great. Sorry you can't be there, Internet.

Then we're gonna have cheap Ethiopian food and ride the train home again.

Tell me Beckett doesn't have the best creases of any man, ever.

beckett2.jpg

No comments: