Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Happy Dewi Sant Day!

Today is St. David's Day! You're supposed to wear a daffodil or a leek on your lapel and go to parades in your Welsh National Costume, which looks like this:

welshFolk.jpg

I skipped the parade because I had an appointment at a community garden in relation to a coursework project. Also, I wore this instead of Welsh costume:

hat.jpg

I made it myself. The hat, that is. It's dang cold here lately and I'm sick of being without a warm hat just because I'm too stubborn to buy one when I'm perfectly capable of making one. So I made it. In one night. Last night, while watching McLibel. Because watching McLibel is kind of homework for my Agri-food class.

And just in time, too. This morning we woke to a snow-covered back garden, then the sun came, then it sleeted for a while, then sun, then a blizzard, then sun, then freezing cold and light snow. It's like this all the time here. And I thought Seattle weather was changeable.

No comments: