Monday, December 05, 2005

Take That, World Bank!

Between my crash of faith on Thursday and this moment, I have:

found and analyzed at least 6 new sources for my paper
come up with a new paper topic (not as bad as it sounds considering my previous extensive research)
found up-to-the-minute studies affecting my new paper topic
written a 4,000 word paper, and then cut 1,000 of it
decided not to even include the subject that had been my main focus
and finally,

Given a presentation of the main points of my paper. Which impressed my teacher. So I'm pretty relieved. But there must be a better way. There must be.

I still have to put in some case studies. Which I hate. I've avoided it so far because I hate when people use case studies as evidence. I wrote the full argument without reference to specific cases because I want the argument to stand alone. And now, because the assignment asks for it, I will add the case studies. And then I will move on to the next paper!

Thanks for all your support. I think I'll play fiddle now, for the first time in months.

No comments: