Wednesday, October 05, 2005

SHEEPISHLY RETURNING

I'm writing into a void, I know, as I've not written for longer than I was writing and I'm sure everyone's given up on me. Strangely comforting, in a way, to think no one's reading--or waiting for me to produce something interesting. Part of the reason I stopped, I think, is that I don't feel able to communicate anything meaningful in this medium. Up to now, I've used the internet either as a form of entertainment or business communication or just for quick information bits. When I miss my friends and family, I call them up or we go out. Or I see them through the regular course of events. Now the internet is my only way to keep in touch with most of you. And I'm not doing very well with it. The funny thing is, I talk to you all the time. Walking home from the store, digging in my new garden, cooking up some eggs. I have little conversations with you. I write blog entries about things I've noticed that I think you'd find amusing. But come some free time when I could sit down and write, I'm exhausted or I have a headache, or I really should get that other thing done. Then there's the pressure of wanting to have an entertaining and insightful blog, one that you'd read not only to keep up and see how I'm doing, but because it's a great read.

Unfortunately, creative reading is not my main pursuit, and a blog requires frequent updating to be useful. I'll try to be better about just putting up what I'm thinking about, polished or not.

No comments: